Thursday, August 31, 2006

ATC #3 Big Day Out




As you would have heard ATC#3 was a fantastic day, Julie & Co. organised a great day except they couldn't have know that the road system changed since last Feb and everyone got lost! you used to turn left but now have to go right on a huge new roundabout and turn right into what was a left??? it was weird to picture it in your head - Elaine and I drove up/down/up but eventually got there - phew! Of course we stayed for the whole session, right until the community centre caretaker came by to chuck us out! no way could I have packed up and gone before the end - it would have to be for nothing less than brain surgery! Was having such a good time yakking/looking/shopping I only made a total of 9 ATC's LOL and tried out Julie's industria tech - some very cool pieces made.

Lorcan has been invited to 3 parties over two weekends - one of them a double header and 2 of the parties on the same day - 2 hours apart and in two McDonald's in two suburbs! I suddenly have to make some cards and I'm not one for cute/kid style stamps - help! made two cards, which seemed to take ages and they have turned out like mini scrapbook pages - do you think? I had the pics from playgroup session - only two more to make!

TGIF - and the first Friday of the month, so Stamping at Jan's tonight - I do enjoy this catch up with bods - now I only have to decide do I play or do the washing???? mmmm might try a combination. Oh I just remembered I need to make another card, adult one this time.
Well, hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers,
Carmel xx

3 comments:

Natalie B said...

Carmel, such lovely work! you should post some of your paintings on to your blog. So we can all enjoy your talent!! For anyone reading this and doesn't know, Carmel is a talented painter! Big hugs Natxx

Julie H said...

ooh Carmel these are all gorgeous - and I am sure the parents will love those cards even if the boys are more interested in playing. Your ATC's are fabulous!!! All of them. I wish I lived closer when I see the beautiful work you created.

carmel said...

Thanks Nat and Julie. Yes, the cards went down well - it's got to the stage where I cannot buy a card as friends now expect a 'made' one LOL and as you know it takes a lot longer to make than buy! paintings - maybe will load a couple. Cheers, Carmel x